Monday, June 29, 2009

Made My Mom Let Me Help Her

For all the things that moms are good for, letting others help them is not one of them. It is natural for children to want to help and please their parents. It is an instinct placed in them to reflect our spirit's instinct to please our Heavenly Father. So why is it that parents have such a hard time letting their children help them?

I acknowledged to my mother that I am aware that I am not as detailed as my other sisters. I have never received the "best painter" award. I will never be accused of being "too patient", but for as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to please my mom and help her.

I recall a time when I was about 4 years old. My mom was making dinner and I just knew she needed my help with something. I was promptly assigned the job of stirring a large bowl of uncooked rice. See? I KNEW she couldn't pull it off without MY help!

So with that same persistence, and chubby-cheeked grin, I convinced my mom to let me help with her projects today.

I just have to stop being a hypocrite and let my chubby-cheeked kids convince me to let them help more- while they still want to.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

Your mom is the best! Like mother, like daughter.