Monday, July 20, 2009

Got over my Stuffy Self

Sometimes the grown up responsibilities get the best of us. I often sit at the computer all morning updating spreadsheets, entering invoices, and paying bills. This Monday morning was no different. By noon I had a raging headache. After lunch I wanted to run some errands, but the little man was sleeping, so I caught up on laundry- you know the drill.

By 4:00 I'd had enough. For family night, I decided to go play at the park that we discovered, and the other one close by that a friend told us about with a zipline. We invited some friends to join us with their kids. We had a blast and I played like a kid at times.

The sprinklers came on and we had to run with the kids to another playground. After a few minutes, THAT area was spraying. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants twice. It's amazing how you can get rid of a headache when you pull your head out of wherever it is, and run like a crazy kid through the sand screaming your head off.

No comments: