Monday, April 6, 2009

Celebrated the Birth of Our Savior

Yes, I know it's not Christmas. But for our family it was- Nativity set, presents, excited children getting up at 5:30.

I don't believe that Christ was born in December. If you wonder why, call or email some time. It has something to do with sheep, mud and taxes.

It was really nice. The kids seemed so happy and it was a beautiful spring day. My favorite part was sitting around the manger as the kids were wakin
g up to the "Hallelujah Chorus" and gathering around together. As the song finished, we stared at this life-size newborn baby doll in the manger. I don't know why, but I had never thought of Jesus as I looked at a helpless new baby. There's baby, and there's JESUS, the Messiah. It was surreal when I looked at that baby and imagined I was one of the shepherds. I cried at the awe of the beautiful moment that must have been. How simple. A loving mother and her husband. A barn. A baby. Straw. And a fulfilled prophesy that would change life (and death) for everyone, everywhere. Hallelujah!

No comments: