Monday, February 23, 2009

Bargain shopped


I love girls in matching dresses. I just don't love sewing them. and I definitely don't love spending $40 for each of them.

With Easter quickly arriving, I am running out of time to design and sew three dresses that match but don't match. They have to go together, but not embarrass BG, who thinks it's dumb to match her little sisters and won't wear her matching dress that I gave them last year.

In desperation I looked at thrift stores. I figured that if I could find one of the girls' dresses for around $10, I could justify making the other two. I looked on KSL.com, classifieds. If you haven't been there, go there. I love it.

I found a woman who was selling her daughter's flower girl dresses, and they were the color I wanted: yellow. So I drove over to see them.

You would not believe it! There was a yellow dress BG's size, a yellow and pink dress BEG's size, and another yellow one BBG's size. They are all different, but will match.






I'm done and it only cost me $5, YES FIVE DOLLARS, a dress. Now to find me a blouse that matches. Oh, and yellow shirts for the fellas, ooooh and......

Now I'm getting spring fever. Watch, now it'll snow tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

Those dresses are so cute! I have a yellow sweater vest that might fit baby if you can't find anything for him.